As we stride forward in March, it is time for me to take a step back and see how this blog has performed in the previous month. Those of you who have read my income reports in the past will be accustomed to what I cover.
For the benefit of new readers, here is a quick explanation: These reports detail income from my books and freelance blogging. They also include any affiliate revenue generated through this blog, however the reports do not include revenue generated through the content websites and discussion forums I own such as Rise Forums. In more simpler terms, the report only covers income and traffic for this blog.
Without further ado, let’s get this show on the road.
A post at the end of January 2014 went viral. Due to this, traffic was significantly higher for five days. The post that went viral was not we development related, so it is doubtful that the traffic was targeted.
- Visits – 18,008 (+4,394)
- Unique Visits – 15,723 (+3,613)
- Pageviews – 46,523 (+8,284)
* Difference in traffic from previous month shown in brackets.
Last month my global Alexa rank was 69,680. It currently stands at 73,085. This is a drop of around three and a half thousand.
Readership & Social Media
My readership continues to grow at a snail’s pace. At this rate, I will have a solid readership by around 2023 😉
My slow growth is down to me not publishing enough articles. In March, I need to hire another blogger and attempt to find the perfect blogging solution.
- Email Newsletter = 1,948 Subscribers (+21 subscribers)
- Facebook = 1,034 Followers (+17 Followers)
- Twitter = 1,936 Followers (-1 Follower)
- Google+ = 855 Followers (+46 Followers)
- YouTube = 33 Subscribers (+3 Subscriber)
Income in February was higher than in January. After seeing book income increase for a few months, it dropped considerably last month; however this drop in book earnings was offset by the increase in affiliate income. Therefore, the main difference between February and January was me taking on a few more writing jobs.
In total I earned $2,916.08 in February. This is a rise of $742.21 from the previous month.
- Freelance Blogging = $2,478.48 (+$651.53)
- Consultation = None (No Change)
- My Books – $130.95 (-$103.07). This includes digital and printed book sales.
- Affiliate Income = $306.65 (+$193.75)
- Advertising Revenue = $0 (No Change)
* Difference in income from previous month show in brackets.
There are positives and negatives to be taken from February. On a positive note, I increased my income from freelancing and saw an increase in affiliate income. On a negative note, more time spent freelancing meant that I spent less time writing articles for this blog. I need to be smarter about this and use the additional income to hire other bloggers.
In my other projects, we welcomed new members to Rise Forums and I launched a new entertainment type website that I will be heavily promoting via Facebook.
As always, I encourage you to leave a comment below 🙂