For years I used the Opera browser but in the last year I’ve been using FireFox. Recently I’ve been learning some neat tips and tricks which you can use with FireFox so I thought I would pass them onto you all. Enjoy 🙂
- When you start to type in a URL in the address bar FireFox it starts showing you previous sites you have visited. This is quite helpful but sometimes it can get crowded with sites you don’t plan on visiting again. You can remove sites from the address by pressing Shift+Delete.
- When you are viewing a webpage you can change the size of the text font by holding down Ctrl and spinning your mouse wheel ie. Ctrl+(Spin-Wheel-Mouse)
- You can do a quick find for text on a page by using /. All you do is type / then then keyword you want to search for.
- When you right click on an image you can select ‘View Image’ to visit the exact URL of where the image is stored. If you hold down Ctrl when you select ‘View Image’ it will open up the image in a new tab.
- If you enter a word into your address bar and then hit Ctrl+Enter, FireFox will then enter the www. before and .com afterwards. So for example, to visit Yahoo you would enter yahoo then hit Ctrl+Enter.
Some more basic quick keys :
- Ctrl+N – Open new browser window.
- Ctrl+T – Open new browser tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+W – Close browser window.
- Ctrl+W – Close browser tab.
- Ctrl+F – Find a word or phrase on the webpage.
- Ctrl+D – Bookmark page.
- Ctrl+K – Start a websearch (puts cursor to search box at the top right hand side).
- Ctrl+U – View page source.
- Ctrl+R – Reload page. You can also use F5 to do this.
- Alt+LeftArrow – Go back a page. You can also use the Backspace key to do this.
- Alt+RightArrow – Go back a page.
- Alt+Home – Go back to your Home Page
If you have any cool FireFox tips I’d love to hear them 🙂